- Published on Wednesday, 15 February 2012 15:32
Article Read: 795
Conference planners and business event organisers from Queensland and Northern NSW are invited to attend a MICE Expo at Metro Hotel Ipswich International.
The Expo is being held on 21 March where a number of Ipswich businesses will showcase the city as a host for future events and conferences.
Local Ipswich businesses have united to stage the MICE Expo, providing event organisers with an ideal opportunity to see the many products and services on offer in Ipswich, and for local operators to demonstrate how holding a business event in Ipswich can transform it from a routine corporate function into a memorable and enjoyable experience for all. Ipswich mayor Paul Pisasale is expected to open the expo, after which guests will enjoy a complimentary lunch before going on a tour of the hotel to view its conference and event facilities.
Located just 40 minutes west of Brisbane and an hour from the Gold Coast, Ipswich is Queensland's oldest provincial city. As a regional centre and popular inland tourist destination, activities such as hot air ballooning, helicopter winery tours, golf, beauty treatments, art galleries and boutique shopping are all on offer, providing conference organisers with the ideal blend of high class corporate facilities and a convenient location in a beautiful rural setting.
For delegates keen to see what Ipswich has on offer, the MICE Expo includes return transfers from Brisbane, with the day's proceedings commencing at 11am and finishing at 2pm. With a number of local businesses providing displays at the hotel on the day, participants will be able to see much of what Ipswich has to offer within just a few hours. Exhibitors who will have displays at the hotel include:
• Brookwater, an 18 hole, par 72 championship golf course;
• Pterodactyl Helicopters, which provides wine tours, scenic tours and scenic flight of the Ipswich region;
• Floating Images Hot Air Balloon Flights, SE Queensland's only hot air balloon operator;
• Queens Park, which houses exotic and native animals including a specially designed enclosure for endangered spinifex hopping mice and bilbies;
• Precious Packages – guest expressions, a gift boutique which is a must for finding that perfect local handicraft;
• The Wine Company, which will offer a selection of local wines for tasting;
• Hen's Haven, renowned for its corporate care treatments that ensure guests forget their stress and enjoy the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation;
• Sang's Day Spa, which provides a range of beauty, hair, health and well-being services in an Asian-inspired tropical oasis; and
• Simply Elegant Occasions, the organisation experienced in giving your event the 'wow' factor.
As the foremost conference venue in Ipswich, Metro Hotel Ipswich International is highly experienced in catering for all corporate events including conferences, seminars, trade shows, product launches and induction courses. Meetings held over a meal and cocktail events can be hosted either in a private room or in the signature Platform 9 Restaurant, where the staff will happily even 'theme' your event. Metro Hotel Ipswich International can even supply a specialised team to build specific programs for corporate and executive meetings, providing your event with a personalised touch.
To attend the MICE Expo or to find out more about what Metro Hotel Ipswich International has to offer, contact the hotel direct on (07) 3812 8077.