- Published on Thursday, 10 March 2016 00:59
Article Read: 1253
Travellers are increasingly forgoing OTAs in favour of booking direct, according to a new report by Fuel.
The survey questioned 2900 people who had planned a leisure holiday in the last 12 months and found that distrust in OTAs had increased 50% since the previous year's survey.
While 83.4% of respondents admitted they would not book a hotel without reading reviews, 95% said they trust reviews on a hotel's own website.
Among the factors that influence a hotel booking decision, the survey results revealed the following top four:
1. Reviews on the hotel website
2. Pictures on the hotel website
3. Quality of the hotel website
4. Review/testimonial sites like TripAdvisor
See the full report here.
Image courtesy of Fuel