NSW Fair Trading is partnering with the Strata Community Australia and Real Estate Institute NSW to run a roadshow of workshops in preparations for the introduction of new strata laws, which come into effect November 30.
The roadshow will provide an opportunity for professionals as well as owners and tenants to find out all about the changes prior to their commencement.
Check out our recap of the changes here.
Sessions for strata and property managers will be held from 12pm to 4:30pm at the cost of $50 per person. Industry professionals will earn professional development points for attending.
Strata owners and tenants are invited to attend free workshops from 5pm to 7pm.
Tickets for industry professionals and the complementary workshops can be booked here.
The roadshow will hold workshops in the following locations:
- Tweed Heads (Tuesday, 23 August 2016)
- Coffs Harbour (Wednesday, 24 August 2016)
- Port Macquarie (Thursday, 25 August 2016)
- Newcastle (Tuesday, 30 August 2016)
- Sydney CBD (Wednesday, 31 August 2016)
- Wollongong (Thursday, 1 September 2016)
- Sydney CBD (Tuesday, 8 September 2016)
- Cronulla (Thursday, 15 September 2016)
- Parramatta, (Wednesday, 9 November 2016)
- North Sydney (Thursday, 10 November 2016)
More information about these upcoming sessions can be found on Fair Trading’s event register.
In addition, Fair Trading will run a series of free public information seminars from September to November, providing owners, tenants and strata and property managers with a further opportunity to learn more about the new regulations.
A copy of the new regulations are available at the Fair Trading website.