Tamie asks that you complete a simple exercise to find out if booking your own property through the OTA website is easier than booking direct on your website, if the answer is yes you need to up your game!
Up your game on Social Media!
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat: choose the channel that your customers use and then do it regularly and do it well.
Social Media is a way to communicate with your customers on a regular basis. You can have fun, be more approachable and light-hearted on social. You can show your personality.
- Ensure the basics are all up to date: address, phone, photos
- 30, 30, 30, 10 rules: 30 percent of your posts are designed to inspire, 30 percent of posts are designed to help a customer plan their holiday, 30 percent of posts are designed to increase engagement, ask a question, 10 percent of posts are soft sell.
- Respond to reviews
- Know your audience, talk directly to the users of each platform as they represent different demographics
- Create a hashtag for your business and use it in every post
- Tag local businesses and suppliers so their followers see you
Social media is just another way in which we communicate with our customers in 2021. Use it to funnel new customers through to your website. Don’t ignore it and don’t fall into the trap of believing that your target demographic is not using social media because they are “old”.
The fastest growing audience for social media is the “baby boomer” market. Talk to them.
If you are not sure how to get started on social media, google free courses and complete a few. There are lots of introductory courses on offer that will give you the confidence to get started.