Launching what it describes as “an easy way for millions of people to Airbnb their homes”, the platform has simplified the process with the launch of Airbnb Setup.
A ‘beginners’ package includes one-to-one guidance from a dedicated ‘Superhost’ with over 1500 ‘Superhosts’ standing by in the more than 80 countries the company now operates in.
In addition, new Airbnb providers can choose to host an experienced guest for their first booking, the guest qualified as someone who has had at least three stays with the company and enjoys a good track record.
As a new host, home owners also have access to specialised support via a dedicated team of ‘Community Support Agents’ who can help with everything from account issues to getting paid and are available via phone, messaging, or email in over 42 languages.
Airbnb CEO and Co-Founder, Brian Chesky said Airbnb was born during a recession and today, just like during the Great Recession in 2008, people are especially interested in earning extra income through hosting.
In addition to the new setup option, the company has announced a new series of upgrades to its four-tiered AirCover program which includes Booking Protection Guarantee, Check-In Guarantee, a Get-What-You-Booked Guarantee, and a 24-hour Safety Line.
The upgrades include:
- Guest identity verification – An expansion of identity verification to all booking guests traveling to the top 35 countries and regions on Airbnb—representing 90 percent of all reservations.
- Reservation screening technology – the launch of proprietary reservation screening technology in the US and Canada, which helps reduce the chance of disruptive parties.
- $3M damage protection – Airbnb is tripling damage protection from $1 million to $3 million – covering both hosts’ homes and contents.
- Auto & boat protection – provision of damage protection for cars, boats, and other watercraft parked or stored at hosts’ your properties.
- Art & valuables protection – A wider range of fine art, jewellery, and collectibles will now be repaired or replaced at appraised value.
- Easier to file a claim – Hosts can now file a claim for damage protection in a few simple steps and easily track its progress from submission through payout.
New Airbnb Categories In May, include the introduction of a new way to search designed around Airbnb Categories. This is being expanded with the introduction of six new categories:
- New – Homes added to Airbnb within the past 10 weeks.
- Top of the world – Homes around 10,000 feet above sea level, often with stunning views.
- Trending – Highly-rated homes that received more listing views compared to the previous week. ● Adapted – Homes adapted for wheelchair access, with verified step-free paths into the home, bedroom and bathroom.
- Play – Homes with basketball courts, game rooms, miniature golf, water slides and more.
- Hanoks – Traditional Korean homes constructed of natural materials. We’re also improving what categories we show you. For example, when you launch the app, you’ll find the Vineyards category if you recently searched for homes in Napa.
In addition, more details will be presented in search results when viewing categories. For example, homes with amazing views will list the type of view, and homes near national parks will show the distance to the park entrance.
Upgrades to AirCover for Hosts and new Airbnb Categories will begin rolling out worldwide this week.
AccomNews is not affiliated with any government agency, body or political party. We are an independently owned, family-operated magazine.