HotelsWorld 2016, the region’s largest industry gathering for CEO’s and other accommodation leaders, comprises 40 sessions at 5 events in 3 days, with 130 speakers and over 500 delegates.
Highlights of this year’s suite of events include the following sessions:
• A discussion between Choe Peng Sum, CEO, Frasers Hospitality Group and Michael Issenberg, Chairman & CEO, AccorHotels Asia Pacific on their companies respective landmark acquisitions of Malmaison/Hotel du Vin; and the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel hotel brands
• New York developer Justin Palmer discusses his company’s strategy of building hotels to optimize investment returns per square foot and his success in raising funds for development through crowdfunding
• Leading US consultant John Fareed and BDRC Australia’s Georgina Woodley talk with Accor’s Simon McGrath and IHG’s Karin Sheppard, about the wave of hotel brand proliferation and whether hotel users any longer distinguish between, and value, the new brands.
• The reboot of hospitality underway through disruption, changing consumer preferences and the continuous wave of change and where it is all taking the hotel industry – as explored through a two session track led by Siew Hoon Yeoh, Founder of Web In Travel who will be joined by six of the leaders driving the change.
• The redefinition of accommodation underway through new products, including poshtels, hostels and glamping.
• The more than a million reasons to be optimistic, due to Australia’s burgeoning inbound tourism markets and airports growth – a session led by Tourism Australia CEO, John O’Sullivan and airport executives, Kerrie Mather and Linc Horton
• CEO’s Hard Talk – Leaders from Mantra, Wyndham and Carlson Rezidor discuss the implications of consolidation, the growing power of OTA’s and other big picture issues facing the industry.
• The continuing evolution of luxury hotels and boutiques, including insights from the CEO’s of Ovolo Hotels and Capella Hotel Group Asia
• Global perspectives on hotel investment directions in feature sessions involving JLL’s Hotels & Hospitality global CEO, Mark Wynne and Steven Carvell, Associate Dean at Cornell University
• Local perspectives on hotel deals and values in feature sessions involving leading investors including Jerry Schwartz, Glen Boultwood and others
HotelsWorld 2016 is only two weeks away and registrations are closing soon. To register please visit www.hotelsworld.com.au