The Star Sydney has bagged 11 nominations in this year’s Tourism Accommodation Australia NSW Awards for Excellence.
The Star’s nominees span dining, accommodation and leisure options, as well as four staff who are in line to be named Talent of the Year.
Spokesperson Dino Mezzatesta, COO of hotels, retail and food and beverage, says the high number of nominations is testament to the hotel and casino group’s commitment to providing Sydneysiders and visitors with “memorable experiences”.
“This year has seen The Star undergo much transformation and new development projects – all aimed at providing an exquisite and more luxurious experience for all our guests and visitors.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to see The Star named a finalist across so many categories,” he said.
“Our ongoing efforts will no doubt ensure we continue to lead the way in tourism excellence.”.
The TAA NSW Awards for Excellence reward achievement across a range of categories and are considered the premier state awards for the accommodation industry.
From Star’s dining offerings, BLACK Bar & Grill, Sokyo and Momofuku Seiobo have been shortlisted for four awards.
The Darling is a finalist in two categories across its accommodation and spa offerings, and The Star Sydney’s conference and event product has been nominated for Conference and Events Venue of the Year.
From its staff, Kate Watt, Samantha Valente, Judith Mackenzie and Daniel Worsley are finalists in the Talent of the Year category.
Winners will be announced at a ceremony at The Star on July 26.
The Darling at The Star was this year awarded five stars by Forbes Travel Guide – the only Sydney hotel to receive top honours.
The Star has been nominated in the following TAA award categories:
- Health Club & Spa Facilities of the Year: The Darling Spa
- Metropolitan Deluxe Hotel of the Year: The Darling Hotel
- Conference and Events Venue of the Year: The Star Sydney
- Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): BLACK Bar & Grill
- Restaurant of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): Momofuku Seiobo
- Bar of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): BLACK Bar
- Bar of the Year (Deluxe Hotels): Sokyo Bar
- Revenue/Yield Talent of the Year: Kate Watt
- Conference and Events Talent of the Year: Samantha Valente
- Human Resources Talent of the Year: Judith Mackenzie
- Rooms Division Talent of the Year: Daniel Worsley