“Stability and strength” were the buzzwords at the 2017 Annual General Meeting of the Accommodation Association of Australia.
- Mr Simon McGrath, chief operating officer, AccorHotels;
- Mr Trent Fraser, chief executive officer, Choice Hotels Asia Pac;
- Mr Tomas Johnsson, chief operating officer, Mantra Group; and
- Mr Zed Sanjana, chief executive officer, Quest Apartment Hotels.
Office-bearers elected at the AGM were:
- President – Mr Julian Clark, chief executive officer, Lancemore Group;
- Vice president – Mr Simon McGrath, chief operating officer, AccorHotels;
- Treasurer – Mr Bruce Copland, independent director; and
- Vice-treasurer – Mr Col Hughes, independent director.
President, Mr Clark said:
“We are delighted to have an active board with very senior leaders representing the interests of the accommodation industry.
“The board has commended the strategy of establishing state/territory-based advisory boards to enhance the Accommodation Association’s existing strong advocacy agenda on a national, state/territory and local level.”
The Association’s chief executive officer, Richard Munro, said: “The accommodation industry is facing many challenges, notably the dominance of global online travel agencies in Australia.
“Non-compliant accommodation promoted by sharing economy providers and a shortage of skilled labour are other hurdles.
“On behalf of the thousands of accommodation operators across Australia who are members of the Accommodation Association, I look forward to working with the board to try to achieve tangible outcomes which contribute to improving business conditions for them.”