After completing a successful $30 million all-room upgrade, including projects at Rydges South Bank that have won both awards and applause nationally, hotel general manager Callum Kennedy has been appointed to the position of area general manager.
Callum’s new role covers a region stretching from Port Macquarie in NSW through the Gold Coast to Brisbane and is one of the most in-demand in the country in terms of both leisure and tourist visitations. Properties now under Kennedy’s leadership baton include:
- Rydges Port Macquarie which is home to 98 rooms and apartments;
- Sails at Port Macquarie, an 92-room resort and 300-seat conference centre due to open in April following a $17 million redevelopment;
- Port Macquarie’s iconic The Beach House bar and restaurant;
- The $50 million, 240-room Gold Coast Airport Rydges Hotel due to open in 2019;
- The 208-bed Rydges Fortitude Valley which opened in late 2016;
- Rydges South Bank, the flagship South Bank hotel, home to 304 rooms including 64 suites as well as the multi-award-winning Bacchus Restaurant, Soleil Pool Bar and acclaimed function spaces, and,
- South Bank Conferences, the benchmark partnership which launches this week between Rydges South Bank and the industry-leading Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Callum Kennedy has been General Manager of Rydges South Bank for the past five years, and prior to that was Executive Assistant Manager for four; before this he worked in hotels and the hospitality industry in London. He brings considerable experience and vision to the role.